March 25, 2011

bri's bed - take 1

As promised, I finally got around to doing the math and writing up a little tutorial for Bri's Moroccan bed! 

I had a lot of fun playing around and trying to get the design close enough to the original. 

Turns out Bri needs plans for a Full, and this one is for a twin... Have no fear I love her enough to redo the plans to fit her needs, actually it turns out she wants to make even more changes than just the size. Stellar changes I promise to share once she approves the plans.


So this plan is for a twin sized bed, but say the word and I may just be nice enough to convert it, if after pictures are provided in return! :)

The hardest part when building this bed is going to be laying out the pieces and cutting correctly. Honestly this headboard should be simmmmppplllleeee  to build.



Shopping List

Kreg Jig
1 1/2" wood Screws (I love Kreg screws)
Finish nailer, or a old fashion hammer and finish nails.
2 - 2x2s @ 8 ft
5- 1x2s @ 8 ft (You really only need 4 but I'm a perpetual over-buyer and prefer to have an extra in case I    make a mistake, plus they only cost like $3....)
About 11 square feet of lattice, whatever style, type you want...


Cut List

2x2's 
2 @ 44"
2 @ 39"

1x2's
2 @ 41"
1 @ 6"
3 @ 34"
4 @ 12"
2 @ 5"
5 @8.5"
2 @11"

First attach the 2x2 together using pocket holes to create a frame.


Then lay out the inside pieces on a flat level surface, positioning each  piece. You may want to label them to make it easier to place.




Using pocket hole attach the inner pieces flush with the front of the frame. 

Woo hoo, now lay out your lattice and decide where you want which styles to go, or just do the same pattern throughout and tack it on with finishing nails! 
BAM! You're done!

Oh! If you wanted to add finials like the inspiration photo I'd buy some screw in legs and drill a hole! Done! 

p.s. I haven't built this, so I have no clue if the plans are correct, and I can't guarantee them! I'm human I make mistakes. Oh and I'm totally not a carpenter just a girl who likes math and design. Please let me know if you see any mistakes so I can correct them. 

p.p.s. If you build this, please share the finished results I'd love to see them. Also please credit me and link back to here if you decide to use this content in any form. Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. I have a feeling this is going to be one fabulous collaboration! You rock for creating the plans. I wouldn't even know where to begin with the math.

    turn up the rad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fantastic and it seems like a perfect plan. Have a lovely Monday, darling
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fantastic! I am so in awe that you made these plans...now we just need someone to execute it and see all the fabulousness in action! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive math skills :)
    I hope someone attempts this, I'd love to see the finished results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, I can't wait to see the result! Sounds FAB!

    xoxo
    Maurenice
    www.villa-bisono.com

    I am one of your newest followers, hope you can pass by and support!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps: I’m hosting an amazing GIVEAWAY today! You can win 2 adorable tea towels and a mug!
    Hugs and kisses, darling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive plan, I hope it gets built. I am your 100th follower! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds fantastic and it seems like a perfect plan. Have a lovely Monday, darling
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...