March 09, 2011

dadd...

dadd, thats short for decorating attention deficit disorder. 
Meaning I can't focus, EVER.

I had a whole other post planned (I was going to show you the dressing room color I picked) and then I saw this....


Over on Bri's Blog: Me, you and a wiener

Underneath her caption was...
"My favorite so far. Unfourunately I'm making the headboard and unless I can pull this exact headboard out my ass it ain't happening people." 

I saw it and immediately thought, hard but doable... and I like a challenge.

So right now I'm working in google Sketchup and googling around for lattice sources.

Here is the so far... 


I don't know how to add the lattice in google Sketch up, but I'm beginning to think if Bri doesn't build this thing I will! 

Stayed tuned for the plans! Should be pretty easy, a few 1x2s, 2x2s, lattice, a kreg jig, some nails, and time.

p.s. go visit Bri she is super awesome, but beware she has a potty mouth! ;)


5 comments:

  1. Girl, you are just my brand of crazy! That is super ambitious, but that headboard is *SO* completely worth it...amazeballs. (c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you two are collaborating on this. One of you definitely needs to make that hotness!

    And pretty sure I'm self-diagnosed DADD, too!

    turnuptherad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so hear you on that! i even have this in regards to my blog. i have literally re-designed it like ten times in the past two weeks. must.stop.now. good luck on your project! :)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO. Make it. Make it. It reminds me of a vintage bird cage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...